Re: UI tests require modifying homedir

Hi Pranav,

On Fri, 2014-02-28 at 21:17 +0530, Pranav Kant wrote:

Moreover, we can copy some of the test-data into homedir and then
clean it up after tests complete. Continous do not have any problems
with that but then running 'make check' on users local machine would
break the user's homedir and some users might not like that at all.
I think the application's tests should already contain sufficient test
data (e.g. images). There are several examples of how this approachis
being used now  - Evince tests contain a set of PDFs and Evolution EWS
tests contain required traces to mock Exchange server replies.

--
Thanks,
  Vadim