touch screen support

Hi All,

I have been using gnome 3.10 with a touch screen and gnome 3.8 with a stylus+tablet using absolute positioning.

With both interfaces, I have the following pain points:

+ I can't access the bar at the bottom of the screen (gnome-shell?) that has the eject functionality etc. I typically get this by running the mouse off the bottom - which is not possible with a touch screen or stylus/tablet with absolute positioning.

+ The scroll bars are tricky to use when I have a long list (like my email). A single pixel movement on the scroll bar can sometimes mean more than one new page of the list is displayed. Button at the top or bottom that support small increments do not exist.

I would appreciate guidance on the first steps I can take to help the gnome touch screen support effort.

best regards,
Richard