Re: UI tests require modifying homedir

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 3:49 PM, Debarshi Ray <rishi is lostca se> wrote:
We can implement a hidden option to override the location that is used for local content. We can then place our test data in this location and test against it.

Right.  There is a place for potentially destructive tests, we just need to figure out a generic way to do that.

For Continuous it's easy.  For the jhbuild case, maybe make it easier to have a "test" user?

I do not think it makes sense to test the online account integration in these applications with things like uhttpmock.

I understand that.  This is another class/variant of testing.  But I really don't want to allow access to the public internet in Continuous for many reasons.

It does still make sense to write these types of tests, they can be executed manually by people via jhbuild.  There's value in that.