Re: Python Docs (was Re: Coordination for developer documentations)

On Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 1:52 AM, John Stowers
<john stowers lists gmail com> wrote:
Simon and others,

With respect to PyGObject docs, I hope you are all aware of
http://lazka.github.io/pgi-docs/ and http://learngtk.org/

The first link is especially fantastic.

Yep, Christoph's (lazka) API docs are what we are talking about and
they are indeed fantastic :)

I wasn't aware of learngtk.org, thanks for the link.

FWIW I also purchased www.pygobject.org a while ago and am wondering what to
do with it. My current plan is to consolidate all PyGObject / GI docs there
(maybe in a month or two when I am less busy).

I don't really have much of an opinion as to where a consolation is
located, but I am happy there is interest in this. It seems we have
plenty of content available, it's just a bit fragmented (essentially
what the parent thread is about, just from a larger perspective).
Ekaterina mentioned developer.gnome.org, which sounds good, but I hope
we can also have a consolidated portal of "all things GNOME+Python" to
ease the developer experience from the perspective of a Python
programmer. That could also just mean a page of links back to
developer.gnome.org or external sources (which is what the PyGObject
wiki [1] attempts).

-Simon

[1] https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/PyGObject