Re: Displaying wallpapers in /usr/share/backgrounds/ in settings

On 15/03/14 21:15, Michael Ikey Doherty wrote:
Sidenote: I'm also instinctively against /usr/local/share/backgrounds,
for a number of reasons. As a distribution developer, I just avoid
having /usr/local at all, and at any rate that's still part of the root
filesystem. User changes should be restricted to the home directory :)
I am also a distro developer and that (/usr/local/) seems like the only sane place for people to add system
wide changes. Putting them in the
main tree that is handled by package management just causes bugs and while I would love if everyone
restricted their changes to the home
directory, that doesnt happen in reality ;(

Tim