gnome-software/packagekit support for arch linux

Looking at the reactions around the internet from the release, it
seems that GNOME is very popular on Arch Linux based distros.  In
fact, in about three weeks most Arch Linux folks will already be on
GNOME 3.12 and enjoying the fruits of six months of our labor while
most others are still waiting for an official release.  While they
might be able to obtain through COPR or some other method they aren't
official.

Unfortunately, none of them will be able to enjoy GNOME Software, due
to the fact that there is no active development of a pacman backend
for packagekit.  Arch Linux users are missing out on a major part of
the GNOME eco-system.

These are two AUR packages, one has been orphaned and the last update
was in 2011.

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/gnome-packagekit-git/

The second has some update on it and it is from 2013:

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/packagekit-git/

What can we do to rectify this situation?  Given the large popularity
of Arch Linux its undeniable that they are a big part of our customer
base.

sri