Re: libgsystem build failure on FreeBSD

Hi,

On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 11:51 PM, 藍挺瑋 <lantw44 gmail com> wrote:
Build log: http://jhbuild.csie.org:9080/20140502/libgsystem.html#configure There is no libattr on FreeBSD. Can we make -DGSYSTEM_CONFIG_XATTRS optional through a configure option?

I'd prefer if gnome-shell lost the dependency on it and copied the gsystem-log.[ch] files internally along with the systemd detection for now.

Right now there's other API in libgsystem that's only going to work on Linux, and I'm not really interested in making it a portability mess right now.

The long term vision is that at least the logging functionality migrates to glib.  There's some research that needs to be done for that, so it makes sense to prototype it out higher in the stack before migrating down.