Re: Wayland in rawhide should work again

On Wed, 2014-05-07 at 22:38 +0200, Kalev Lember wrote:
On 05/07/2014 10:37 PM, Kalev Lember wrote:
Hi,

Just a quick heads up that GNOME Shell's Wayland compositor should be
back in a working condition in rawhide. A few things had gotten broken
during the 3.13.1 update: mutter-launch had lost it's setuid bit and
mutter itself was crashing at startup under Wayland. There was also
nothing that would pull in required xorg-x11-server-Xwayland.

These should all be fixed, thanks to elad661's testing and drago01's
expert know-how and my monkey building of fixes they found.

If you want to test, wait for tomorrow's rawhide compose and install
gnome-session-wayland-session.

Arr. I accidentally sent this to wrong list. Was supposed to be
desktop lists fedoraproject org!

Sorry for the noise :-)

Not that much of noise, it's still pretty relevant. I would add that you
can test rawhide without obliterating your system by trying out "Fedora
Atomic" (a version of ostree for RPM systems). Instructions are
available at:
http://rpm-ostree.cloud.fedoraproject.org/#/installation

/me goes to make room on his laptop

Cheers