Re: new maintainer for gnome-dictionary?

thanks Sindhu for letting us know, and especially for your hard work
on the Dictionary: it has been greatly appreciated, at least by me.
:-)

I'd like to mention that the Dictionary, at this point, should just be
dropped from any release suite, due to its obvious limitations.

while gnome-dictionary has served us well since GNOME 1.x days, I
think it's time to let it go; it's just not going to be useful for
anybody looking for an *actual* dictionary. any and all replacements
are actually worse, and the only half-decent, maintained, and free (as
in beer) dictionary source we can use is Wiktionary, for which we
could simply ship an epiphany-based Web app anyway.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.