Re: java-atk-wrapper maintainership

On Fri, 2014-10-17 at 17:54 +0100, Magdalen Berns wrote:
        On 2014-10-17 16:37, Magdalen Berns <m berns thismagpie com>
        wrote:
                I would like to support the new java wrapper
                maintainer, Alejandro with the
                task of maintaining java-atk-wrapper since the whole
                module needs updating
                having been abandoned back in 2011 until recently when
                I submitted a patch
                to allow it to be built successfully on the latest
                version of GNOME[1,2]. I
                also updated the doap to reflect reality and conform
                to the latest doap
                standard used by GNOME[3]

        As Alejandro is the maintainer, you should ask him, rather
        than desktop-devel-list, if you want to become a maintainer.

I have asked him, lots of times both before and after he added himself
as maintainer for the module.[1] I haven't had any objections from
Alejandro Emailing this list is the correct procedure to request
maintainership of a module.

It's not. The correct procedure is to ask the current maintainer, and
possibly email this list to announce the new maintainership. You
certainly don't need to ask us. If Alejandro is OK with it, he can set
you up with the right bugzilla rights, and you're good to go.

Cheers