Re: Developer Docs Roadmap [was Re: Glade release to include GtkHeaderBar?]

Frederic Peters <fpeters gnome org> wrote:
... I'd prefer to have ideas on the structure we
want before we go looking for the appropriate software (or changes to
the library-web code base).

Thinking about this, if we are going to do something homebrew, then I
can I can come up with more detailed plans for a design, but if we
want to evaluate pre-existing solutions, my priorities would be:

a) ease of setup and maintainence
b) overall quality of user experience

And by some basic functional requirements:

 * Navigate groups (and sub-groups) of documents.
 * Effective search.
 * An engaging home page, with featured or recently updated content
(this could always be custom and bolted on, I suppose...)
 * Ability to view different versions of documentation (both by
release and by programming language).

If we can find something that satisfies those criteria, the design
could work around whatever we opt for.

Allan