GNOME Panel maintainers

Hi!

I need some help and/or suggestion on how to take over gnome-panel maintaining.

GNOME Panel currently has 3 maintainers Jonathan Carter, Josselin Mouette and Philipp Kaluza. I tried to contact Jonathan and Josselin (sent mail in Aug 19). Josselin did not respond. Jonathan responded and he does not object that I would take over gnome-panel maintaining. He wrote that he is not interested in gnome-panel anymore.

Philipp does not want that I am taking over maintainership of gnome-panel. Problem is that he is not maintaining it and does not want that I do it...

He is author of 16 commits. And at least half is not related to any fixes, just updating news, version bump, adding himself to maintainers.

GNOME Panel is part of unofficial GNOME Flashback session (metacity, gnome-panel, gnome-applets). I am already maintaining gnome-applets, metacity. Also I have created new module that is very important part of Flashback session.

Mailing list subscribers is on my side. They want that I am taking over gnome-panel maintaining. I have asked that in mailing list at least twice. Please see responses to these mails:
1) https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-flashback-list/2014-August/msg00016.html
2) https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-flashback-list/2014-July/msg00003.html

In master I had fixed some bugs, fixed some deprecated warnings to get it more up to date with newer GTK+ version. He asked to remove all that work from master. Two responses for that:
1) https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-flashback-list/2014-September/msg00003.html
2) https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-flashback-list/2014-September/msg00006.html

Is there any way I could take over gnome-panel maintaining?

Thanks!

--
Alberts Muktupāvels