A dock

First, I want to thank you and congratulate you for Gnome 3.16. It's a
great release and I'm in love with it : beautiful, simple, clean and
not bloated with useless features. We spend 99% of our time in a
browser nowadays and it's so cool to have this stellar browser :
Epiphany.

But as a desktop user, the navigation between applications is a pain
to work with. I have tried hard to get used to, but it's still not a
smooth process. Maybe it's just me. Or maybe Gnome is more targeted
for laptops and tablets.

So, a quick idea : now that notifications have moved away, why not put
a permanent dock in the bottom of the screen (like OS X or something
like that) ?

I know that extensions can just do that, but it could be a good move
to win back desktop users (and distributions).

Thanks all, I wish you the best,

Sébastien