Re: Reminder: Bugzilla patch report and My Bugs page

On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 7:41 AM Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro gnome org> wrote:
Hi all,

We as a project have a problem with good patches getting lost in
Bugzilla.

Maintainers, please try to minimize the number of patches in the
unreviewed or accepted-commit-* states for your product. It's very
common that maintainers forget about patches due to lack of immediate
time to review, or patches may be accepted but never committed. When
this happens, new contributors get discouraged and leave the project.
Please, periodically review your patch tracker (e.g. once per month) to
make sure this isn't the case for your module.

This is awesome!  I'm really happy that we are paying attention to this as a group.  People have long and hard to put those patches, and we should try to get them reviewed.  Please let me know what the engagement team can do to help.  For instance, we could create reports, metrics, or whatever to help track.  We could also ping developers in case something hasn't been reviewed in awhile.

We can really boost enthusiasm for work on GNOME by doing things just things like this.

Thanks for writing this post, Michael.

sri