Re: Killing off UNCONFIRMED in Bugzilla

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 06:39:29PM +0100, Rick Opper wrote:
OK... So they just stay "new" then... I'm not sure that would give the
original reporter the impression that something is being done, but as
long as the bugs do get confirmed, sorted, whatever then any
simplification may be helpful...

Things will be done no matter which status it is for the majority of the
products. Some products are not maintained at all anymore, for those the
status still won't make much difference.

The separate step might make sense in case you had a big bugsquad team
looking at all the incoming bugs. We don't.

The unconfirmed vs new status has little or no meaning. Loads of bugs
actually go from unconfirmed to new. I tend to only mark it as new if
there's a bunch of people on it and because some people don't understand
that if I disagree with the bug, I would've already marked it WONTFIX.

If people want to look at bugs they want to triage, there's already
"bugs filed in the last 7 days". Further, "bugs without a response". In
the current state, unconfirmed is not going to help you much.

--
Regards,
Olav