Re: Future of libRSVG

Hi Michael,

On Fri, 2015-01-16 at 18:14 +0100, Michael Brenner wrote:
I'm searching for information about the future of libRSVG.
[...]
As libRSVG is missing some major features defined by SVG standard there
are some anoying pitfalls. Here I'm asking for a statement what you are
planning to do about libRSVG.

librsvg is pretty unmaintained these days:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/librsvg/stats/?period=y&ofs=25

That also means bug reports & patches receive little to no attention:
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/browse.cgi?product=librsvg

As far as I understand the situation, new librsvg (co-)maintainers are
welcome (interested folks should contact this mailing list to
potentially sort out Bugzilla and Git permissions), but be aware that
likely there will be nobody answering questions while they ramp up.

Speaking as a non-programmer & GNOME volunteer (NOT with my Wikimedia
hat on), librsvg consumers should evaluate more maintained (and hence
also more secure and future-proof?) libraries for dealing with SVG.

Cheers,
andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net