Re: Search Providers

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 2:04 PM, Erick Pérez Castellanos <erickpc gnome org> wrote:
My idea was to have them (the app, which provides search at the same time) running all the time in the background, but that feels like using the resources of the CPU without the user knowing

That is what GNOME Software does.

PS: I have no idea of what the epiphany search providers does, but I guess something like this would happens if it would provides search thourgh Google or the search-engine of choice.

No, we launch epiphany when you start a search, then close it one minute later. All search providers (that I'm aware of) except Software operate similarly, perhaps with different timeouts.