Re: How do you hack on GNOME? How can we do better?

> Perhaps the ideal solution would be to decouple the dependencies. When
> I'm trying to fix up some mail protocol back end in Evolution, I really
> *shouldn't* need to upgrade my entire system to the very latest
> glib/gtk+ and then upgrade a whole bunch of *applications* which for
> some reason don't work with the new libraries.

Yeah that's the most annoying and time consuming part

Agreed too. I dream of a tool like gemnasium for keeping track of our dependency updates really... It also would be good to remove any unused dependencies - I bet there are a few of those slowing things down.