Re: Death of gnome-common

On Wed, 2015-06-24 at 08:57 -0500, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
On Wed, 2015-06-24 at 14:17 +0100, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
Sadly, it's still in use for AppData XML, but for that (and any
other
XML-based format) there's itstool, which is also used by the
documentation team for the application help:

   http://itstool.org/

I will wait for someone to replace intltool with itstool in some
module
that uses appdata, so I have an example to follow. I'm definitely not
up for learning yet another language to figure out how to do this
from
scratch.

I’ve got a patch which adds support for AppData to gettext, but it’s
stalled on FSF copyright assignment faff. I’m not sure I’ve ever come
across such a big barrier to contribution.

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?45305

Anyway, ranting aside, here’s the associated branch to port Hitori to
gettext, including AppData:

https://git.gnome.org/browse/hitori/log/?h=wip/pwithnall/gettext

Upstream gettext also has a useful gtk-3 example project:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gettext.git/tree/gettext
-tools/examples/hello-c-gnome3

Philip