Re: Canonical jhbuild documentation

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 1:01 PM, Carlos Soriano Sanchez
<csoriano redhat com> wrote:

- What do I propose?
So, what we actually need is a "Canonical documentation for contributing gnome". In developers.gnome.org.
As I offered before for the Jhbuild one, I offer me volunteer (with whoever wants to join) for this one as
well.

Then we won't care about jhbuild or xdg-app, we will write there whatever is better and easier at that
time. Then having
multiple jhbuild tutorials in the wiki will stop to make sense at all for sure.

What do you think?
For me when this came to my mind I saw the light in the tunnel =)

Thanks for following up!  Really happy to see that we're re-visiting
this topic.  I think you're idea has merit.  We will need to find some
way to make sure that people can discover this documetation easily
from the main page.  I hope that we can take all the work that others
have done and roll it into this and have it maintained.  I think that
has been one of the biggest problem with our documentation.  The
content changes so rapidly that the documentation lags behind.  We
really need a process of good discoverability that allows the
documentation team to be able to capture these changes and update as
needed.  More than that, maintainers need to be invested in this.
People are not going to use your software if you make it hard for them
to use it.  So philosophically, I'd like to see more investment in
this.  Otherwise, we're going to have a lousy app story.

sri