Re: Current status of the GNOME Github mirror

On Wed, 2015-05-06 at 10:10 +1000, Ben Finney wrote:
Philip Withnall <philip tecnocode co uk> writes:

[…] given the choice between:
 • a contributor giving up because Bugzilla is another account to create
   and another tool to learn;
 • a contributor using Bugzilla but badly, and uploading a terrible
   patch which doesn’t apply cleanly; or
 • a contributor submitting a pull request;

I would much rather receive the pull request, pull it in git, fix it up,
and push it.

What of the contributor who has no GitHub account, and wants to discuss
their submission on an equal footing?

If they have a Bugzilla account already, I assume they will know to use
that.

If they don’t, then they’re going to have to create at least one account
(GitHub or Bugzilla), so I don’t think it makes much odds.

We could have a CONTRIBUTING.md which suggests that bug _discussion_
happens in Bugzilla, I guess.

Philip