Re: Bugfix in gnome-sound-recorder

Hi Meg

On 2015-10-29 20:04, meg ford <meg387 gmail com> wrote:
Last week I got a report about a bug which broke the waveforms in
gnome-sound-recorder in 3.18.1. The problem was caused by improvements
which made GStreamer faster and uncovered an uncaught exception in my code.
Since 3.18.1 was the last release I made for 3.18, and I've never had to do
a bugfix, I don't know how to proceed. Is there some way to distribute a
version with the patch? Do I need to file patches to downstream versions?

The 3.18.2 release is scheduled for 2015-11-09, according to https://wiki.gnome.org/ThreePointNineteen

Depending on how serious you think the bug is, you can make a new tarball release now, or just wait until the next stable release. I have added the patch to the Fedora package, and it is easy to update to a tarball release when that happens (either for 3.18.2 or 3.18.1.1 or similar).