Re: GNOME Photos plans for 3.22

On Thu, 2016-03-31 at 07:50 +0000, Debarshi Ray wrote:
Hello everybody,

GNOME 3.20 was a busy cycle for Photos, with a lot of activity
from new contributors, and we want to carry that momentum into
3.22. While we have a roadmap [1] to list the priority bugs
and features for the near future, I want to draw your attention
to two big things that we want to achieve for GNOME 3.22.

* Uploads & sharing: Uploading and sharing to online accounts -
  Google, Facebook and Flickr [2]. (proposed for GSoC & Outreachy)

  I think it is time to integrate sharing more tightly into the
  content applications, and this is a step in that direction.
  Realistically speaking, we will target only one of the
  aforementioned providers and I am currently thinking of Google.
  Once the basic framework in place we can add more.

* Import from device: Importing images from cameras, SD cards and
  USB sticks [3].

  This is another thing that has, so far, been missing from the
  content applications, and I think it is a crucial feature when
  dealing with images.

FWIW, I consider "importing" through browsing with the file browser to
be more important than importing from devices. Eg. opening image files
in Photos through the filemanager should work, and allow importing.

(Both gnome-photos and gnome-music can't be selected as the defaults in
the Details settings panel, which is pretty weird...)