Re: libgnomekbd development

On Thu, 21 Jan 2016 14:27:28 -0600
Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro gnome org> wrote:

Is anybody interested in taking over maintainership of libgnomekbd?
To my knowledge, it's only used by gnome-shell and gnome-control-center
to display the keyboard layout dialog, so it should be very low-
maintenance.

The keyboard widget is also very useful when testing xkb geometries and
layouts, so it makes sense to keep it alive and maintained IMHO.

For instance I am using it to experiment with custom keyboard layouts
and it's a lot nicer then xkbprint :)

I have some more patches (autotools updates, some gtk deprecation fixes,
a fix for a SIGSEGV) and a question about how to use
gkbd_keyboard_drawing_set_groups_levels() from python.

I'll open other bugzilla reports hoping that someone finds the time to
go through them.

Ciao ciao,
   Antonio

--