how do I report this bug? Or is it a bug?

Guys,

I'm running fedora 23 as a VMWare client on my linux host system
running fedora 22. A few dnf updates ago my gdm login screen suddenly
ended up looking like the attached file. (A screen shot.)

It looks like gdm is picking up the wrong mode settings. I can manage
to log in, even though I can't see what I'm doing, I basically just hit
enter and then my password, and that gets me to the desktop which is
fine. The video mode settings are correct and I get a correct video
setting for my desktop and I can work away.

Any idea of how gdm ended up doing this to my video settings in vmware?
Is this a gnome bug? a fedora bug? a vmware bug?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks. Steve.