Re: [ Revised Proposal ] Continuous Builds in GNOME

On Sat, Jun 18, 2016 at 08:15:19AM +0100, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
So, I want to stop this thread on my side because not only is making
me not want to contribute anything ever again, but it also is
absolutely pointless busy work that relies on two people architecture
astronauting without the minimal intention of building anything or
even consensus.

Citing myself from several mails ago: "With master/master-stable, it's a
more relaxed atmosphere."
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2016-June/msg00002.html

There is a proposal that is simple to understand: when tagging a module
in GContinuous, this would mirror what jhbuild builds by default. With a
branch. That's it.

Then there are more complicated proposals where everything is fully
automated, delivering a stable desktop continuously to end users. I
didn't talk about it, but it would enable to do canary releasing and A/B
testing.

And there is a gray scale between those two proposals.

--
Sébastien