Re: Including content ratings in games

On 9 March 2016 at 18:30, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek <zbyszek in waw pl> wrote:
So "Cartoon Violence" can be merged with "Fantasy Violence",

I don't think these are the same at all. If you look at the age
differences reported here
https://www.commonsensemedia.org/about-us/our-mission/about-our-ratings
you can see the different types of violence are treated differently.
You're probably right in that Fantasy isn't well defined, and we
should fix that.

"Realistic depictions of bloodshed" and "Depictions of bloodshed and the mutilation of body parts"
can be replaced with "Depictions of bloodshed or mutilation of body parts".

I don't think mutilation can be equated with bloodshed. I always think
back to games like Doom where you see "splatter" but not much more.

I think you can drop "Humor" totally, it's legal in most jurisdictions after all.

I'm not really concentrating on the legality in a specific country,
more about suitability. I'm not sure I'd want my 3 year old repeating
profanity from a video game just yet.

Richard.