Re: GTK+ plans for 3.22

On 03/17/2016 01:16 PM, Ben wrote:
On Thu, 2016-03-17 at 09:17 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
- A better paned widget

Christian Hergert is prototyping a paned widget which can handle more
than 2 children for use in gnome-builder. It looks generally useful,
so we may want to put it in GTK+ as a more powerful replacement for
GtkPaned, avoiding the need for awkward nested panes.
Can that be integrated into current GtkPaned without breaking API &
ABI? Or will it be a new widget?

Avoiding a break in ABI would be a lot easier than avoiding a break in
expected functionality. GtkPaned has too many configuration options to
get what you usually want as it is. I, personally, am not interested in
adding another layer to that cake.

-- Christian