Re: Adding GNOME Games and its dependencies to git.gnome.org

Afaik all plugins are now in a single repo called retro-plugins

Regards,
Megh Parikh

On 19-Mar-2016 22:57, "Sébastien Wilmet" <swilmet gnome org> wrote:
On Sat, Mar 19, 2016 at 11:30:21AM -0500, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
> Just found this in my spam folder :)

The mails are in the archives:
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2016-February/msg00042.html
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2016-February/msg00043.html

With 4 times the same link, it's not surprising that it was considered
as spam.

> Yes, we should move gnome-games and its dependencies to git.gnome.org.
> You can do this yourself. For instructions, see:
> https://wiki.gnome.org/Git/NewRepository

Note that gnome-games plus its deps means 7 repos:
- gnome-games
- retro-gobject
- retro-gtk
- retro-plugins-game-boy
- retro-plugins-nes
- retro-plugins-snes
- retro-plugins-pce

To be honest everything could be developed in the same repo.
retro-gobject and retro-gtk don't have a guaranteed stable API and are
used only by gnome-games. So those two repos could be two directories
inside gnome-games. Once the API is stable and the code is useful for
other projects, then the code can be moved to a proper shared library.

And the plugins can be developed inside gnome-games too, like it is done
in gedit for example.

What do you think Adrien?

--
Sébastien