Re: mutter plans for 3.22

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 10:22 AM Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
More feature planning for 3.22:

We've put a lot of effort into getting Wayland to feature parity, and
almost got there. Some of the remaining loose ends require closer
integration with cogl and clutter,
for example:
- monitor rotation
- hotplugging graphics devices
- output on secondary gpus
- fractional scaling
- injecting input events (e.g. for remoting)

To make this possible, we (myself, Jonas Adahl, Rui Matos, Carlos
Garnacho and Ray Strode) come up with a plan that roughly looks as
follows:

1) put clutter and cogl in mutter

 Is clutter still viable?  I was under the impression that we were going to sunset it as it had some limitations?  Are there concerns from folks regarding clutter's future?

 sri