Re: upcoming "systemd --user" dependency in gnome-settings-daemon

On Fri, 2016-05-13 at 13:01 +0300, Christian Hergert wrote:
On 05/12/2016 07:06 PM, Bastien Nocera wrote:
So, I intend to use systemd to launch each gnome-settings-daemon
plugin
as a separate service, which would be tracked, and relaunched
through
"systemd --user":

We do a fair bit of subprocess launching/tracking in Builder with
private DBus for IPC, and I would love to be able to re-use the
spawning/tracking code.

I filed a bug[1] a while back wrt reliably killing processes. But I'd
really like to see this go just a bit further in terms of something
like
a "GContainer" API. Going that route might simplify the process for
supporting non-Linux too.

For our use, it'll be fire-and-forget. We don't do private IPC, and
"spawning" will be done by systemd itself.