Re: GNOME Build situation and BuildStream

On 04/25/2017 09:38 AM, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
Any questions about what we have created so far and how it works ? Please
reply and ask about these !

I don't think this was mentioned, apologies if I missed it.

One thing we want in Builder is a simulator. Being able to take a
BuildStream bootable image and overlay the project is a very desirable
feature. It could be a patched gnome-shell, glib, or an application. It
would be great If your "workspace" feature can allow us to do this on
the developer host rather quickly (so we don't wait minutes to launch
the simulator).

For the application case, we certainly just want to inject the Flatpak'd
build of the app from Builder rather than a traditional build.

As you can imagine, it would be hell if we had users downloading full
bootable images regularly. Do you anticipate a way to publicly expose
the OStree even for bootable images? Would it be reasonable for Builder
to use that to keep things in sync?

-- Christian