Re: For projects switching to Meson *only*

On Fri, 2017-04-28 at 00:37 -0500, mcatanzaro gnome org wrote:
On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 7:00 PM, Peter Hutterer
<peter hutterer who-t net> wrote:
I will, but I'll keep the two parallel for at least a release or
two.
If you
need me to add anything specific to keep continuous happy for the
time
being, let me know.

Cheers,
   Peter

Here's a request for maintainers who are supporting both meson and
Autotools: please consider adding the meson build files to your
release
tarballs (add them to EXTRA_DIST) if you want people to actually use
the meson build system. You don't have to, but it'd be nice.

For people helping maintain the jhbuild modulesets, please do not
switch modules to use meson until the meson build files have
appeared
in a release tarball, or you're confident they will appear in the
next
tarball. (Unless Autotools support has already been dropped, in
which
case maintainers, please follow the GNOME release cycle in making
your
next release!) This will reduce the amount of manual hacking
required
to produce release modulesets that actually build. I've temporarily
switched GStreamer and Grilo back to using Autotools for this reason.

What was the problem with Grilo's meson support?

We have a bug opened for a regression with the 0.4.0 version, but the
meson build works as expected in jhbuild.

Cheers