Re: GitLab New Repo Policy

On Thu, 2017-08-03 at 19:29 +0100, Alberto Ruiz wrote:
Shaun you should go ahead and do this, this is a production instance
and the only problematic point is migrating official GNOME repos. Go
ahead and share feedback with us!

Thanks Alberto! Where's the best place to send feedback? I'll toss this
here for now: Whenever I push, I get this:

remote: hooks.mailinglist is not set
remote: Can't connect to server: No route to host
remote:
remote: We trust you have received the usual lecture from the local
System
remote: Administrator. It usually boils down to these three things:
remote:
remote:     #1) Respect the privacy of others.
remote:     #2) Think before you type.
remote:     #3) With great power comes great responsibility.
remote:
remote: sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified

The push goes through fine though. Looks like some hooks aren't set up
right. No biggie to me. Just letting you know.

Hi all,

I'm wondering if we have a policy in place for creating new repos
in
our shiny new GitLab instance. I'm working on new infrastructure
for
help.gnome.org. It may or may not pan out, but it would be useful
have it public so others can play.

This seems to me like something I ought to create under my personal
namespace (gitlab.gnome.org/shaunm/help.gnome.org). That's what I'd
do
if I were to do it on GitHub. But I'm unsure if our infrastructure
is
set up to handle hundreds of people each creating dozens of little
projects like that, especially now during the test phase.

Thoughts?

--
Shaun