Re: Updating GNOME Goals?

On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 9:57 AM Michael Catanzaro <mike catanzaro gmail com> wrote:
On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 4:46 AM, Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me>
wrote:
> Has anybody looked at the GNOME Goals[1] lately?  Is this still
> something that is active?  I only ask as I know at least some that
> seem outdated to me.

Most of them are outdated. I volunteered to clean this up a year ago,
but never got around to it and not likely to anytime soon. Help welcome.

It wasn't too badly out of date.  I have gone ahead and contacted the owners of all the GNOME Goals that were more than a year old and asked whether they can either update the goal or retire it.

Certainly, the /ModernAutotools and /NicerBuilds goals can both be
retired as they are superseded by the port to meson goal.

I didn't want to assume, so I've asked the owners for their opinions on this rather than unilaterally doing it.

For those of you I contacted, updating your GNOME Goals or retiring them.  That would be greatly appreciated. :-)

sri

Michael