Re: Equivalent of recursive make with meson/ninja?

On Sat, 2017-02-11 at 14:02 +0100, Sébastien Wilmet wrote:

You can also do:

  touch foo.c
  ninja -C ../build

if you prefer to be in the source dir.

Too long to type.

I just use arrow-up, same as I do with 'make' :)

But you could just as well make yourself a shell alias like 'n1' for
ninja -C ../build and 'n2' for ninja -C ../../build or something like
that.

One could also write an 'autoninja' (or 'an' if you want it short)
script that goes up in the dir hierarchy to find the .git dir and looks
for the build dir in there and then calls ninja with the build dir, or
somesuch ;)

Surely it's something that can be solved in some way.

What I don't like to do is to scroll up the build output to see the
warnings I'm interested in.

On a side note, this is something I like about ninja: it gives you a
progress of what it builds, but in the scrollback you only see warnings
or errors, so if you by default have a warning free build you'll
immediately see any new issues rather than just loads of build log.

Cheers
 -Tim