Re: Building GNOME in restrictive network environments

On 7/31/17, mcatanzaro gnome org <mcatanzaro gnome org> wrote:
I'd also ask the GUADEC 2018 hosts to keep in mind the importance of
having a good network connection for the unconference days. I'm told
the MMU network is blocking email and IRC in addition to git. It's also
blocking my Private Internet Access VPN. Shame we can't use our free
PIA subscriptions (thanks PIA!) to avoid these problems.

Ugh! Sorry...

it at least makes sense to test the wifi in advance of the event and
document what is blocked so people can set up proxy servers with SSH
listening on port 443 in advance...

Sam