Re: Pilot GitLab program

Hey Milan,

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 2:16 PM, Milan Crha <mcrha redhat com> wrote:
On Wed, 2017-06-28 at 10:15 +0200, Carlos Soriano wrote:
> > a) I often move bugs between products, aka user files it for product A,
> >    but the issue (and actual commit) is in product B, thus it's moved,
> >    by ~3 clicks
>
> How is this missing In GitLab?

        Hi,
I do not use GitLab, thus I do not know. That's why I'm asking (missing
question mark and actual question, I'm sorry). I understand it as
"possible", thus okay. And it also means no unique numbers for
products.

It's very time consuming to address questions individually. I would appreciate if you try on the test instance first if you have any wondering (or read our expected workflow https://wiki.gnome.org/Initiatives/DevelopmentInfrastructure/GitLabWorkflows where we mention moving issues between products is possible).

> No. Negative filtering (idk how to call it properly, but removing
> from search specific terms) is something I'm interested to bring up
> to GitLab team. Eventually we will need this for duplicates.

It's not exactly negative filtering on bugzilla, it filters for bugs
with: bug_status=UNCONFIRMED & bug_status=NEW & bug_status=ASSIGNED &
bug_status=REOPENED

Ah good point. We could do that without problems, thanks for pointing out.

> Hope you understand a change without compromises is not possible.

Sure. As always, it's about the change. Once I get to it, and change my
developed work flow for years, the fallout will not be that drastic as
at the beginning. The thing (for me) is that if I have fine tuned work
flow which I really use for years, every single day, then change it
will not be any fun. Again, for me. Call me an old school, I'm fine
with it :)

I completely understand. The pain of a change will hit all of us in some degree. For me is less severe, but I understand for people doing the same thing for several years is painful. I hope we can mitigate that as much as possible, while keep moving things forward. So far the feedback from other people that was "forced" to use other tools like GitHub etc is that it's just a matter of getting used to it, and that now is fine.
Not old school here, you can see this with any change in life. It's just how we are!

Cheers,
Carlos Soriano

        Bye,
        Milan