Re: Clarification on license of gdbus-codegen generated code

On Tue, 2017-03-28 at 14:26 +0200, Jens Georg wrote:
(In other words, just like the way you use gcc to compile foo.c to
foo.o,
and foo.o is assumed to have the same license as foo.c.)

Yes, that would also be my understanding of the sentence.
Unfortunately
I would
need a clear statement on that because I'm besieged by important
persons
on this
topic ;)

Best solution is to just change the text in the generated file to be
more clear that the license for the generated source is the same as
that of the source code files fed into gdbus-codegen, rather than the
source code of gdbus-codegen itself. Do you want to submit a patch for
this? I'm sure it will be accepted after a bit of haggling about the
exact wording. I would be really surprised if this was not the original
intent.

Michael