Re: [gnome-terminal/vte] What about to add an action to "Select All and Copy"?

Hey,

On Tue, May 09, 2017 at 01:08:24PM +0800, xiaofeng wrote:
When I use the "Select All" action, the next step is always being "Copy",
what about your next step? If that's the most case, what about to add an
action to bind "Select All" and "Copy"?

I am quite used to doing ctrl+a ctrl+c to "select all" and "copy to
clipboard" in other applications. Maybe we need an accelerator for
"select all"? I don't know. I don't have the final say in this
matter. :)

Another question is how to run my customized gnome-terminal? There's a
running system installed gnome-terminal-server.

gnome-terminal-server is the actual application, while the
gnome-terminal binary talks to it over D-Bus to spawn new windows and
tabs.

You need to open two different terminal tabs or windows. Then in one
of them:
$ /path/to/your/prefix/libexec/gnome-terminal-server --app-id foo.bar
And in the other:
$ /path/to/your/prefix/bin/gnome-terminal-server --app-id foo.bar

Good luck!

Cheers,
Rishi