Re: Proposal to deploy GitLab on gnome.org

Another issue we haven't discussed yet is commit permissions. Right now, everyone can commit anything to every repository, but with GitLab we'll probably eventually want something more fine-grained where *active* maintainers have more control over who is allowed to commit. Currently we still need the ability to commit build fixes when a project is broken in JHBuild (or Continuous), so that means everyone (or at least release team) still needs commit access to everything for the time being. But I bet if we replace JHBuild with BuildStream and integrate it with GitLab CI, then build failures will become much easier to track than they are right now, and this won't be necessary anymore.

Michael