Re: Proposal to deploy GitLab on gnome.org

Hi

On 17 May 2017, at 12:33, Sébastien Wilmet <swilmet gnome org> wrote:

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 11:15:51PM +0900, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
I don't share your optimism about gitlab bug tracking, nor do I share
in the mentioned frustration with bugzilla.

Me too, I like bugzilla (but not for doing code reviews).

What would be the pain points if GitLab is used only for git and code
reviews, and we keep bugzilla for the bug tracker? Have you considered
that option?

We would loose automatic links between bug tracker tickets and pull
requests. When a pull request is merged, we would need to close manually
the bugzilla ticket if everything is done. And when someone requests a
pull, the person would need to add a comment manually on bugzilla so
that other people know that the bug is being worked on.

in github you can setup “hooks" and make it close bugzilla bugs when referenced in a commit message ("Fixes
bug #12345") merged to master, so I guess gitlab should have something similar.

Not that I like bugzilla :), but it’s true the issues thing in github and, I guess, gitlab seem to be very
basic compared to what you can do in bugzilla.

Rodrigo