Subject: Re: Relicensing Nautilus to GPLv3+
Local Time: May 25, 2017 12:08 PM
UTC Time: May 25, 2017 10:08 AM
From: swilmet gnome org
To: Carlos Soriano <csoriano protonmail com>
desktop-devel-list gnome org <desktop-devel-list gnome org>

On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 05:59:02AM -0400, Carlos Soriano wrote:
> For now we won't relicense the files, since that would require
> copyright holders to agree (iiuc). Instead is the project that will
> become GPL3+, since the combination of GPL2+ + GPL3+ files results in
> a project that is GPL3+.

For the files licensed as GPLv2+, the copyright holders have already
agreed with "any later version", so you can directly relicense to GPLv3+
without asking the permission to each copyright holder.

For LGPL -> GPL, you need the explicit approval of all copyright
holders.

--
Sébastien