Re: GNOME Modulesets migrating to BuildStream

On 11/10/2017 12:46 AM, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
I'm sorry that out of the many things I have to juggle, I had never
considered Builder compatibility to be a blocker for the GNOME release
team to start maintaining GNOME builds in a new format, this does
strike me as an unreasonable requirement.

I think you've miss-interpreted my criticism about timing as suggesting a blocker (I'm not). What I was trying to communicate is that I would have benefited from a heads up (and maybe even a scheduled go/no-go date).

Doing so would have provided me a chance at keeping things working.

  o Keep the JHBuild modulesets on "life support" purely for the sake of
    Builder needs until such a time that Builder grows the features
    it needs to interact with BuildStream.

That seems reasonable.

>    Maybe you will be interested in being able to automatically
>    launch a VM after a build of a given module.

Indeed that has been the plan for years, but Continuous doesn't seem to give us working images.

-- Christian