Re: GitHub mirror creates contribution problems

On Fri, 2017-10-13 at 14:41 +0100, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
On 13 October 2017 at 13:54, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
wrote:

I'm now getting comments on commits which are really bug reports,
like
this one:
https://github.com/GNOME/gdk-pixbuf/commit/c2a40a92fe3df4111ed9da51
fe3368c079b86926#commitcomment-24951987

That's a first.

It isn't for me. Stuff like:
https://github.com/GNOME/gnome-bluetooth/commit/231bb6ba015ef32d24ac8d028b10b9081b5b3e8f#commitcomment-15233088
https://github.com/GNOME/gtk/pull/2#issuecomment-187129605

I once received a multi-megabyte dud Pull Request on GitHub by somebody
asking a question instead of sending a mail to an open list mentioned
in the README of that repo, because "Issues" filing was disabled.

Do we have any control over what's allowed on our mirrors, or do we
need to accept this as yet another source of bug reports, like
forums,
blog post comments and Twitter/Facebook/Google+ questions?

Pretty much. If there's a comment box, you'll very likely get a
comment that almost looks like a bug report.

At most, you can be clear on where to file bugs, but playing
whack-a-mole with the whole Internet ends in disaster.

Are GitHub issues being filed about those problems?