Re: Signature for a released source code package

On 10/14/2017 01:08 PM, Uwe Scholz wrote:

I have been asked by a user why I don't put a signature for the software package on my projects homepage. Actually, I just put a link to the *.tar.xz file on it, pointing to the these file(s) on the gnome server: https://download.gnome.org/sources/gnome-commander/1.8/

I'm not up to date on the history, but I think we distribute .tar.xz for everything now?

If you upload a .tar.xz instead of your .tar.bz2, it will not be modified by ftpadmin and your sha256 will continue to be correct.

-- Christian