Re: Google Hangouts support

On Wed, 2017-10-18 at 11:42 +0300, pecisk gmail com wrote:

Is there any interest/desire to see Google Hangouts support in
Empathy and Telepathy? Or as Telepathy is on it's way out it is no
interest?

Or we are looking forward to use more open source friendly chat
platforms?

There was talk recently of moving to libpurple as the core
infrastructure for such things in GNOME, which made a lot of sense to
me.

There is a purple-hangouts back end which looks like it's actively
maintained, although I've no personal experience of it.