Re: Proposal to deploy GitLab on gnome.org

Hi.

On Mi, 2017-05-17 at 14:21 +0000, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 01:49:21PM +0200, Sébastien Wilmet wrote:
By attaching a patch to a bugtracker ticket, we loose the information of
the parent commit: where the commit has been initially created in the
git history.
If the patch is created by git format-patch, it contains the hash of
the parent, so git knows the original parent
I couldn't find the hash of the parent commit in my git format-patch
exported patch, e.g. https://bug778584.bugzilla-attachments.gnome.org/a
ttachment.cgi?id=345698.
Do I need to do anything special in order to export the parent also?
The man page for git-format-patch does not show anything useful for
"parent".

Cheers,
  Tobi