Re: 3.27.90 tarball deadline extended

On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 11:59 AM, mcatanzaro gnome org wrote:
The release team is still learning how to get by in a BuildStream world. It turns out that nobody who is currently available knows how to generate release tarballs using BuildStream.

Hi developers,

An update on this. With some help from Mathieu and Jürg, we've figured out how to generate tarballs. You need to use a combination of `bst workspace open` and `bst shell --build`. Then once you enter the bst shell, you can generate a tarball normally (mkdir build; cd build; meson ..; ninja; ninja dist) and it will be generated in the workspace. This is actually pretty simple; I had gotten confused earlier today because I had forgotten the --build flag to `bst shell`.

Unfortunately, I discovered a bug that's a blocker for Epiphany [1], so it might not work for you in practice. We'll evaluate later this week whether we'll need to recommend switching back to JHBuild to generate tarballs for the time being, or whether we can get this working reliably.

Thanks for your patience,

Michael

[1] https://gitlab.com/BuildStream/buildstream/issues/232