Re: Librsvg 2.40.20 is released and is the last release in the 2.40.x series

On 18/12/17 18:11, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
On Sat, 2017-12-16 at 14:48 +0100, Michael Biebl wrote:

[dropping distributor-list from the thread]

We'd love to switch in Debian, but

https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=rustc&suite=unstable

is effectively preventing us from doing that.
Looks like Firefox 57 is not coming to stable Debian release either
anytime soon:
https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=firefox&suite=sid

This sort of thing, where Debian has trouble compiling $new_thing on
$some_arch, comes up periodically.

The only concrete suggestion I have for Debian is, feel free to patch
packages that depend on librsvg to keep using 2.40.20.
That's an option, but instead I've been pushing to get the rustc ports for
official Debian architectures fixed for some time already, anticipating that
this would eventually be a problem (as is the case now). Hopefully we can get
(some of) them ready soon (fsvo soon), and then update librsvg to 2.42.

Cheers,
Emilio